Sealing pavers is an important process that should not be skipped. It helps to protect the pavers from weathering, staining, and fading. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of sealing pavers and how to seal them properly.
Pavers are a beautiful and durable choice for your driveway, pool deck or patio area. They're an extremely versatile product, so it's easy to see why pavers are such a popular option for homeowners looking to create a beautiful outdoor living space. However, like any other type of paving material, pavers can be damaged over time by exposure to the elements and other factors that can lead to discoloration and staining issues— not just on the surface but also underneath where they go unnoticed until they start showing up on top! Having your pavers sealed helps protect them against damage caused by UV rays and water exposure in order to keep them looking great year-round!
Why should you seal your pavers, brick, concrete and tile?
You'll want to seal your pavers if you want to:
- Prevent stains from oil or other liquids.
- Prevent weeds from growing in between cracks of your pavers.
- Prevent mold and mildew growth on the surface of your pavers, which can give off an unpleasant smell.
- Protect them from UV rays that can fade the color of the stone over time. This is especially important if you live in an area with intense sunlight, like Arizona or Florida.
Sealing pavers helps prevent stains
Sealing your pavers helps prevent stains.
- Oil and grease: These are the biggest offenders, and they can leave behind an unappealing dark spot on your pavers. The sealer acts as a barrier that prevents oil from soaking into the paver, which means fewer spots and better protection for years to come.
- Mold, mildew, and algae: If you live in an area where these elements are common—whether that be near a body of water or in hot summer months—then you'll want to seal your pavers regularly so they don't get stained by mold or mildew growths that cause discoloration when wet. Sealing not only helps protect against this kind of staining but also against exposure from UV rays from sunlight over time as well (which can cause fading). Algae is another issue that many homeowners face after time outdoors during the warmer months; it grows easily on concrete surfaces such as stairs if left exposed without proper care or maintenance (including sealing).
- Dirt/dust: While dirt may seem like an insignificant stain compared to others listed here, it's still one worth preventing! Dirt buildup will make your pavers less attractive over time due to its dull appearance—not only is this unattractive but all those tiny bits of gravel will eventually wear down your stone surface too! Sealers also help keep dust off because they're not porous like concrete would be; sealing keeps any spills from becoming permanent marks on top of being easy to clean up after rain storms pass through without needing special cleaners just for them either.”
Sealing your pavers can help prevent weeds
Sealing your pavers can help prevent weeds. The sealant will also help keep the paver joints from shifting, which can lead to gaps between individual pavers.
Weeds are pesky little plants that invade not only your yard but also any other surface they can find. They grow through cracks in the concrete, through mortar joints and around corners with ease–even if you have well-maintained pavers! This is because of their shallow root systems. A simple sealant will keep them from finding those vulnerable areas where they would normally grow into the surface of your beautiful pavers.”
Sealing pavers can help prevent mold and mildew
Mold and mildew are a problem in humid climates, like the ones you'll find in South Florida. Mold and mildew can cause damage to your pavers, which can make them unsightly. It can also cause health problems for those who suffer from allergies or asthma. If mold or mildew is left untreated it could lead to stains on the surface of your paver stones and even odors as well!
Mold spores need moisture in order to grow, so if they're not being eliminated by sealing your pavers with a quality sealant (like our product) then they will continue to spread over time causing discoloration, which results in less value for homeowners when selling their home!
Sealing pavers can protect them from UV rays
The UV rays of sunlight can cause pavers to fade, crack, and warp over time. Sealing your pavers with a quality sealer is the best way to prevent this.
You should also be aware that not all sealers are created equal. Not all sealers will provide the same level of protection from harmful UV rays, so it's important to thoroughly research before choosing one for your project.
Sealing pavers makes it easier to clean them
Sealing your pavers makes it easier to clean them.
- If you have a pressure washer, sealing your pavers will make it easier for you to clean them with the pressure washer.
- If you use soap and water to clean your pavers, sealing them ahead of time will make cleaning with soap and water faster and easier.
- If you use a power washer on your pavers, sealing them beforehand helps protect against wear while keeping the color vibrant longer.
Sealing pavers improves the finished look of a project
Sealing your pavers is an easy and inexpensive way to improve the look, feel and longevity of your project. The process is simple: apply a waterproof sealant (like water-based polymer or urethane) that's appropriate for your material.
The benefits are many, but most importantly it will help retain the color and texture of your stone for decades to come—not just years! It also helps protect against stains from mold, mildew or algae growth; so not only do you have longer lasting results in terms of how they look today but also into the future.
Take care of your pavers by sealing them to prevent damage, staining and discoloration
Sealing your pavers is a quick, easy way to protect and maintain their beauty. It also helps prevent stains from occurring, weeds from growing up through the cracks, mold and mildew from taking hold on the surface of your patio or walkway, UV rays from fading the color of your stone and makes it easier to clean them with pressure washing equipment.
Apex Paver Sealing will help you seal your pavers for a long-lasting, beautiful finish!
Apex Paver Sealing is a reliable paver sealing company to help keep your pavers looking new and beautiful for years to come. With our trained professionals we will help keep your pavers in excellent condition for years to come.
Apex Paver Sealing provides residential and commercial services including:
- Sealing your existing installed pavers
- Crack repair for those cracked or damaged pavers
- Concrete resurfacing – This can be done if you have an older home or business that has stamped concrete on the sidewalk areas around your home or business, we would recommend using this process as opposed to having all new concrete poured down into the ground which would cost much more money than just resurfacing it with a new surface coat of paint like sealer will do in most cases.
- And many more!
We hope that we've provided you with a few tips and tricks to help you keep your pavers looking great. If you have any questions, please let us know! At Apex Paver Sealing we are always happy to assist our customers in any way possible, and can answer any questions about our services.