If you have pavers on your property, then you may be wondering if it’s necessary to seal them. Sealing your pavers has both pros and cons, and it’s important to weigh them all before making a decision. In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of sealing your pavers as well as the drawbacks. We’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the right paver sealer for your needs.
What Does Sealing Pavers Do?
Sealing pavers is a lot like putting on a new coat of paint. The sealant helps prevent water from penetrating the surface of your paver, keeping it looking good for years to come and preventing dirt, debris and stains from building up on them. It also prevents mold and mildew from forming in the pores of your pavers—a common problem with stone surfaces in humid climates.
The Benefits of Paver Sealer
Sealer is a liquid that is applied to pavers to protect them from the elements and make them last longer. Sealed pavers look better, are more slip resistant, and cost less to maintain than unsealed ones.
Ultimately, it’s up to you whether or not you want to seal your pavers but here’s what we know about paver sealers:
- Sealers will protect your paving stones from the elements by providing a layer of protection against moisture, dirt, oil stains and more.
- They can also help maintain the look of your concrete or stone surface so that it stays shiny over time (instead of turning brown when exposed too much). In addition they provide extra slip resistance which makes walking on wet ground safer – especially if there are children in the house!
What Are the Cons of Paver Sealer?
The pros and cons of paver sealer are as follows:
- The sealer can be slippery. Pavers that have been sealed will be more slick than un-sealed pavers, especially when wet. This can pose a danger for anyone walking or running on them. It’s recommended that you keep walkways clear of furniture and other items that may be affected by the slippery surface caused by your newly-sealed pavers.
- The sealer can be expensive. Some sealers are quite pricey, especially when purchased in bulk or large quantities at once—but this is usually a small tradeoff for the benefits they provide to your home’s appearance and function! Sometimes you may find yourself paying more than necessary if you purchase these products from an untrusted vendor or retailer who overcharges customers for ordinary supplies (such as concrete cleaners). Make sure that wherever you buy your paver sealing material from is reputable before making any purchases; otherwise, consider asking friends about where they go for their own supply needs!
How to Seal Your Pavers
Once you have determined that your pavers need sealing, it’s time to learn how to do so. The process is fairly simple:
- Clean the pavers with a power washer or other cleaning method.
- Apply sealer using a paint roller (or other appropriate tool).
- Let the sealer dry for at least 24 hours before walking on the surface of your pavers again (or otherwise discoloring them).
There are a lot more pros to sealing your pavers than cons
Sealing your pavers is a simple process that requires little effort and can be done by almost anyone. If you’re interested in learning how to seal your pavers, check out this article for everything you need to know!
Sealing your pavers is not only an excellent way to protect them from damage, but also an excellent way to increase their value when selling your property. It also helps keep maintenance costs down when it comes time for resealing or cleaning them. So if any of these things are important to you then definitely consider sealing your pavers!
Apex Paver Sealing will help you Seal your pavers!
Apex Paver Sealing is a professional paver sealing company. We will seal your pavers for you.
You can trust Apex Paver Sealing to seal your pavers for a low price, and they will do it for as long as it takes.
Sealing your pavers is a worthwhile investment in your home. It helps protect against the elements and keeps them looking beautiful for years to come. If you have any questions about this process or would like to learn more about what we can do for you, contact us!